There are a number of ways you can get involved—and make a difference—in lupus research.
- Under 40 and live in the Chicago area? Join our Young Leadership Committee! Young women and men from around the Midwest are working to raise funds and awareness for LRI Chicago. More
- Let your voice be heard through advocacy and take action on state and federal issues facing people with lupus. Make phone calls and write letters to your legislators, visit policy makers, testify at public hearings and recruit new advocates. More
- Distribute educational and outreach materials in your community, at hospitals, schools, libraries, health care professionals’ offices. Let us know and we’ll get you the materials. Contact us at 312-324-6677 or sign up online.
- Host, organize or volunteer at a community program or special event.
- Organize your own special event and raise funds for LRI research! Contact us at 312-324-6677 or sign up online.
- Share your story in one of our newsletters, website, at conferences, events and hearings.
- Steward our donors by writing notes or telephone donors and volunteers to thank them for their support.
- Join your local lupus organization and offer to volunteer, whether it be organizing a local event or spreading the news about the LRI National Coalition, the nation-wide network of groups supportive of lupus research. The coalition promotes public awareness of the seriousness of lupus in various ways. More
- Suggest to your company that they establish a philanthropy program that provides matching funds to the Lupus Research Institute.
- Run for the Cure. Raise funds for lupus research by encouraging friends and family to sponsor you in an athletic event. More
- Provide administrative support and address envelopes, fax postage & help with mailings.
- Introduce LRI Chicago to other people interested in helping.
- Contact Sally Bradley, who has lupus and is the founder and owner of The Lee Mitt Company. The company's mission is to enhance quality of life through the introduction of the fundamentals of business/social etiquette and image consulting. A portion of proceeds from the business will be donated to the Lupus Research Institute. More